IVF #1 complete
July 21, 2005
I arrived in Calgary yesterday evening. The B&B I'm staying at is just awesome. So bright and cheery, and close to the clinic! I had b/w and an u/s this morning. The doctors were pleased with the results and have ordered me to return for more of the same on Sunday. Finding my way around the city has been relatively easy.
July 25, 2005
I'm sitting here waiting to hatch! I have around 14 follicles and am waiting for a call from the clinic to see if I will get triggered today. The docs say my lining looks "great" and "perfect", which is a load off my mind. If I get the 'all clear' today, Thursday may be retrieval day with the transfer to occur 3 days later. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. I am bruising quite a bit, though. They tell me that the ASA is the culprit. I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion. It seems I'm getting closer to the home stretch!
July 29, 2005
I had my ER yesterday morning. I took my fertility idol in with me. It was not as bad as I had thought. I came through it pretty well and was out of the clinic within an hour and a half of the procedure. I took some extra strength Tylenols to control the pain yesterday, but haven't had to take any today. And so, the news. They retrieved 15 eggs. 10 mature, 2 borderline and 3 immature. We got a call from the lab this morning. After performing ICSI on 12 of the eggs (I'm assuming the 10 mature and 2 borderline) yesterday afternoon, 10 fertilized! We will find out tomorrow what sort of grade and quality the embryos are, if any arrested, etc. We are feeling hopeful that we'll be able to freeze some. The transfer will take place on Sunday and I will be able to travel back home on Monday. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed!!!!
July 31, 2005
Today, shortly after 12 noon, 2 of the cutest 8-cell embryos were transferred into my uterus. The embryologist gave us a photo of them. Of course, as soon as the transfer was over, the worrying began. I'm worrying about everything now. That said, it was the most amazing experience ever! I am now off work for the next two weeks. I'm trying to do as little as possible. Pregnancy test on August 15th. I will be trying to take the next two weeks a day at a time. J and I have done all we can. It is really in God's hands now. Did I mention that they were able to freeze the remaining 8?!
Thank you for your many prayers and good wishes,
C.

1 Comments:
That is so amazingly awesome!!! Hang in there and keep resting.
Take care.
Post a Comment
<< Home