Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Joy / Pain / Sunshine / Rain



My brother and SIL were a month ahead of us with their first IVF cycle. Yesterday they got a dark second line on a HPT. The blood test results should be in today. It looks like I'm gonna be an auntie.

For the last while, I have been grieving the eventuality that I would not be giving my parents their first grandchild. I am still a little sad about it, but so far have not let it diminish my happiness for my brother and SIL. No tears here.

I won't deny that the pressure is on though. I really want our first IVF cycle to be a success. But I know that if we are not successful, the pain will be much greater given this recent good news.

Injections start Friday.

Damn, this shit is hard!

C.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything!!!

One thing that helped me when I first started the injections was to aim for a dot or freckle instead of a random "darting" motion. It pricks the same and once you are through the skin, you don't feel the needle anymore.

Thinking of you and hope you get blessed like your SIL did - that would be awesome to only have to do it once!

Take care.

6:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home