Thursday, December 16, 2004

So low

This doesn't get any better or easier. Trying to conceive unsuccessfully for so long, and being childless (yet again) at Christmas ain't a walk in the park. We got our first slap-in-the-face Christmas card yesterday. My husband's relatives in Quebec sent a lovely card saying they hoped we'd have a baby soon so we could enjoy Christmas the way it was meant to be enjoyed (it's so much more meaningful and joyous with kids... yada yada yada). WTF?!

I don't know what can be achieved by articulating a message like that. It only serves to hurt us. Don't people think anymore? What business is it of theirs to assume that our Christmases together aren't enjoyable?! Yes, I agree it would be amazingly wonderful to have a couple of rugrats running around on Christmas morning, but I don't need the point to be reinforced. It hurts. A lot.

C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home