Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Friends, challenges and odds

Close friends...contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, laughter ring louder because they are there. ~Judith Viorst

I'm feeling grateful today for friends. Friends who have prayed for us, thought about us and shared with us. We are so blessed.

I'm thinking about the challenges I've faced in my life to date. Finding a life partner, trying to conceive... it hasn't been easy. [Monday's diagnosis: irregular ovulation with male factor infertility.]

I've been wondering about the odds. What are the odds that not only would it take so long to find lasting love, but also longer to have a child?.. Why do we have two reasons for our infertility instead of one? What are the odds of that?!

I'm guessing that God is sending us a message. Be grateful for the blessings in your life today. Nothing worthwhile comes easy. The realization of a dream will only be sweeter with every hurdle overcome. I need to repeat these mantras on a daily basis.

The good news is, we've survived. As a couple, we love greater. Our marriage is stronger for all of the barriers and setbacks we've encountered. We now have a course to chart. We will start ovulation induction therapy this month. Due to the clinic closure over the holidays, we won't be doing IUI until January. We need to remain hopeful. Hopeful that this will be our last childless Christmas. Hopeful that my parents will meet their first grandchild sometime next year. Hopeful that all of the prayers will yield a miracle. Hopeful that this is the right treatment for us.

C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julianna said...

God bless and good luck!!

Take care.

9:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home