Zip-a-dee-doo-dah...
So my day started out gloriously today. I woke up to a dusting of feathery kisses on my face. My husband is a beautiful human being. *Sigh* I then showered and dressed and enjoyed the perfect cup of coffee, thanks to our new coffeemaker. We call it 'Darth', because it's black and all futuristic looking. I had a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel for breakfast, with just the right amount of sweet raisins and cinnamon. I got into my car and had a lovely drive in to work. No real traffic to speak of. Listened to Sting's 'Sacred Love' CD the whole way. I love it when my day starts off right. Pure perfection...
I started the Chinese herbs yesterday. The special kettle I bought was a godsend. Not a lot of muss or fuss. It took about an hour and a half for the five cups of liquid to reduce to one cup. There are two things I didn't like about brewing the tea. One, the smell is pungent and seemed to infiltrate the whole house while it was brewing. And two, the taste. One word... Blech! I had to choke it down. Sip by sip, I swallowed it and tried my best not to taste it. After I finished, I lied down in bed for a bit. I felt like throwing up, but the feeling soon subsided. It then occurred to me... I have to drink 11 more cups of this sh*t over the next 11 days!! How I will do it, I do not know. One day at a time...
Only 20 more days until our first appointment at the fertility clinic. We are in a holding pattern of hope and prayers until then. I am anxious to find out what course of treatment the doc will recommend. We'll likely have to undergo another battery of tests. I hate tests. I just want to get on with it. I hope she doesn't send us off with a prescription for some fertility drug and tell us to come back in three months. I don't want to wait anymore. I want answers. I want to start jogging on the road to our baby. I am tired of slowly trudging along the long, lonely and winding path of infertility. It's exhausting and quite frankly, it's getting old and going nowhere. It feels as if December 6th is our pitstop... our fork in the road to something better.
C.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home