Monday, November 08, 2004

Can't not hope

I can't not hope. I refuse to lose faith that what I have been hoping and praying for all this time will not be realised. I cannot allow myself to be swept away in the undertow of anger, jealousy, hurt, depression and self-pity. I must continue to rely on my faith and hang onto the hope that lights the way down this path...

C.

Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. ~George Weinberg

Hope is patience with the lamp lit. ~Tertullian

Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again. ~Sarah Ban Breathnach

Faith goes up the stairs that love has built and looks out the window which hope has opened. ~Charles Spurgeon

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours. ~Swedish proverb

Hold your head high, stick your chest out. You can make it. It gets dark sometimes, but morning comes.... Keep hope alive. ~Jesse Jackson

Hope...is the companion of power, and the mother of success; for who so hopes has within him the gift of miracles. ~Samuel Smiles

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. ~St. Clement of Alexandria

No matter how difficult life can be the most important thing is to live it with hope. ~Anonymous

Whether we be young or old,
Our destiny, our being's heart and home,
Is with infinitude, and only there;
With hope it is, hope that can never die,
Effort and expectation, and desire,
And something evermore about to be. ~William Wordsworth (The Prelude)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Colette...

I read this somewhere once..."God will either give you the desire of your heart, or He will take the desire out of your heart." Keep the faith, and hold on to the hope...especially on the bad days. You will be a terrific Mother someday. And of course, remember that you are never alone.
Love, LP

6:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home