Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Visions of sugarplums... already?!

I'm back at my desk today. While I don't mind the occasional road trip every now and again, I can unequivocally say that it's not something I would relish as a regular part of my day-to-day job.

Speaking of jobs, my husband is diving into his new job with incredible enthusiasm, which makes me happy. However, it also takes away from our alone time, which I don't quite like. I guess I really AM high maintenance, after all... (Who knew?) Anyway, he made a career change recently, and it's worked out extremely well for him. I have to quit my whining and be thankful that he isn't miserable at work. Besides, I have three new books to read and this could be an opportunity for a little relaxation on my part.

So, I'm getting a little excited about Christmas. Not the shopping, decorating and hostessing part. But the travelling-to-Jasper-for-some-R&R part! We're planning to spend a few days in the Rockies between Christmas and New Year's. And since I didn't take a real holiday this year per se, I have a ton of vacation days left which means that this Christmas will indeed be a holiday for me. Yay!

I've been finding some comfort in reading the blogs of other women who are also going through some tough times in the baby-making department. Their ability to still find humour in the darkness is truly inspiring. It also makes me feel less alone in the struggle. Only 40 more days...

C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home