Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Tick, tock, tick, tock

So goes my biological clock. Funny how it seems to get louder as I approach another birthday, childless. Anyone wanna venture a guess as to what I'll be wishing for when I blow out the candles this year?.. Me=funny. I gotta say that my family and the inlaws have been pretty damned respectful thus far. They all knew how gung ho we were about starting a family right after the wedding so, of course, they must know that something is wrong. It's nice not to have to awkwardly answer stupid questions, at least when we're amongst our immediate family. It's the extended family of brain lacking twits that I have a problem with. They obviously don't have a clue about tact and discretion. Like I want to explain to my cousin's husband (whose step-daughter btw was a baby-making machine a few years back -- 4 kids in 4 years) why we're not having kids quite yet and when we do, how many we're going to have. Like I have absolute control over my ovaries and uterus, buddy. WHATEVER!

Did I mention that I plan to enjoy the hell out my myself this weekend? Going out for a nice dinner with my husband on Friday night and we'll be drinking lotsa wine. My folks are gone on a little vacation at the moment, so I'll be celebrating my big day with my inlaws on Sunday. I don't think birthdays are a big deal, per se. But it's nice to be acknowledged at least one day out of the year. KWIM?

C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home