Thirtysomething, happily married and, UNFORTUNATELY, fertility-impaired. This is my journey to motherhood.
Monday, October 25, 2004
On the road again...
Coming off a great weekend (more on that to come later), it kinda sucks that I have a road trip today. Have to leave in half an hour. Need to be there by 10:00 AM.
Married in August 2003 and trying to conceive ever since. Never in my darkest dreams could I imagine myself infertile. It's not something I thought would ever happen to me. And when it did, it hit me like a Mack truck. WHAMMO! YOU'RE BARREN! And how can you NOT let it define you?! It permeates your life in ways you cannot fathom. You distance yourself from friends, you stay far away from baby showers, you cry at church when babies are being baptized, you cry when people ask stupid questions (So, are you pregnant yet? OR How many kids are you going to have?), you feel an ache in your heart when -- all around you -- everyone is pregnant but you. Let me say this, if I could control the number of children I could have, I'd have a houseful! At this point, we'd be happy if we could be blessed with just one. This is my place to vent, to share and to just be me. Enjoy the ride, 'cause I have a feeling it's gonna be a bumpy one! Updated 2010: I am now the mother of two precious children -- Daveney, a daughter who is 4 and James, a son who is 19 months. Endless thanks and gratitude to Dr. Joseph O'Keane and the amazing staff at the Foothills Regional Fertility Program in Calgary.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home