Monday, October 25, 2004

Needle me, please!

I'm back from my business trip. I spent a total of five hours in the car today. Not my idea of a fun time. I got some new CDs for my birthday, so the new music made the drive a little less boring.

I went for my second acupuncture treatment today. I *love*love*love* it! Wish I'd gone sooner. The Chinese doctor said all I needed to do was drink his special tea and I would 'have baby'. The acupuncture has been for my left arm, which I believe is hurting me due to the early stages of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Massage hasn't worked, so I'm trying the needles. I have two more treatments this week. After that, the doctor says I'll be fine. Back to the tea -- I have to boil up a bag of herbs every day for the first twelve days of my next cycle (it was too late to start it this month). Anyway, the doctor showed me several photos of couples with the babies he helped them to conceive. He said the tea usually works the first month. I am skeptical, but I am willing to try Traditional Chinese Medicine at this point. Apparently, the tea tastes like s**t. Yum.

I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Jaime took me out for dinner on Friday night. We had such a great evening. On Saturday, he took me shopping and bought me a new leather jacket. Can you say SPOILED?! On Saturday night, my sister-in-law and her family had a dinner party for me and I got so many nice things. I am so blessed to call them my family. My parents (who are away on vacation right now) sent a beautiful arrangement of flowers to my office on Friday. They called me yesterday to wish me a happy birthday. They also gave me a bit of money to buy a special treat. My brother and sister took me out for lunch yesterday. We went shopping afterwards. Last night, two of my aunts came over for a visit, and some coffee and dessert. Overall, a fantastic weekend.

I'm a little tired from all the running around, so I will now take my leave.

Until tomorrow,

C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home