Light in the darkness
While my whole infertility situation is not exactly ideal, there is so much that is good and precious in my life. There is a promise that I may one day be blessed in making my husband the father he so much wants to be. We are both healthy. We have soooo much to be grateful for. This morning I was reading the blog of a 41 year-old woman in the US who for the past three years has been struggling to conceive. She has endured 4 failed IUIs and now, her 2nd failed IVF. She is heartbroken. She and her husband had agreed to do IVF twice. It is a costly procedure and not covered by health insurance. She does not know how she will go on. She is emotionally shattered. I am heartbroken for her and her husband. It will take some time for her to heal from the disappointment. But from the outset, her husband had told her that he'd be quite happy as a family of two (just him and her). I am praying that she will somehow find some comfort in that. It's too early to know what will happen next for her. I believe in my heart of hearts that she will one day be a mother somehow. Be it by adoption or whatever...
In reading her story, I can see the hope in my situation. I am 7 years younger. I have an appointment with one of the top Reproductive Endocrinologists in the province. While I don't know the whys and hows of our infertility, the possibilities of IUI and maybe (but hopefully not) IVF lie before us. My God, it could simply be a hormonal imbalance, a blockage or lazy sperm! Not nice causes, but certainly not insurmountable. I continue to count the days until December 6th. 53, to be exact.
The concert last night was simply spectacular! Annie Lennox was amazing. I could've watched her perform for hours. For a nearly 50 year-old woman, she has the looks and the bod of a woman half her age! Stunning. Gorgeous. I could say the same about Sting. We were about 30ish feet from the stage, and my my, that man is a hottie! He's in his early 50s and in great shape. Vocally and musically, it was definitely a concert on my top ten list.
Duty calls, unfortunately. Will be back soon.
Colette
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home