Monday, October 18, 2004

It's a snowy Election Day

It's a snowy day here in Edmonton today. It also happens to be civic Election Day. We have a tight race for the Mayor's chair. So tight in fact, that I'll be voting strategically to ensure that one of the candidates I despise will not be elected. It's a close one, however. It's quite possible that I'll be going to bed tonight spitting nails over his win. But I digress...

Had a weekend. Not good. Not bad. Just your average, everyday, uneventful weekend. Obviously the huge dumping of snow on Saturday curtailed our big shopping plans somewhat. We managed to buy a wedding gift for a wedding we're attending next month. We also played a couple kickass card games with my parents. The boys won a game and the girls won a game.

Oh, and the hockey game on Friday night was neat. AHL hockey is a bit slower paced than NHL hockey, buy enjoyable just the same. Jacob Hoggard got booed. No wonder, he switched keys toward the end of the national anthem and it was all downhill from there. Remember Doug and the Slugs -- the Canadian band from the 80s? Their lead singer, Doug Bennett, passed away in Calgary over the weekend. While I was never a huge fan, I respected the band and was saddened to hear this news. It's always sad when someone dies when they still have a lot of their life yet to live (he was in his early fifties). I read that despite his illness, he soldiered on, playing gig after gig. God bless you, Doug.

Only 48 more days until we get some answers...

C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home