As the leaves change...
This weekend is a long weekend! Yippee!! It's also an opportunity to take stock of all of our blessings and give thanks to God for good health, happiness and the love of family and friends. I'm thinking of my friend Edna, who right now is celebrating her 30th anniversary in Spain; I'm thinking of my friend Louanne and sending her a ton of hugs and good vibes; I'm thinking of my friend Lorie and hoping all is well in Northern Alberta... Hell, I'm thinking about everyone important in my life and thanking my lucky stars that I've been blessed to know them!
We're spending Sunday with Jaime's family. I'm baking pumpkin pies. I'll be trying a new recipe. I hope it's as good as I've heard. This is it, if any of you get the baking urge this weekend.
Impossible Pumpkin Pie
1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
1 can (13 ounces) evaporated milk
2 tbsp margarine or butter, softened
2 eggs
3/4 c of sugar
1/2 c of Bisquick baking mix
2 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp of vanilla
Heat oven to 350 degrees f. Grease pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 or 10 x 1 1/2 inches. Beat all ingredients 1 minute in blender on high or 2 minutes with hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean. (50 to 55 minutes) Cool.
On Monday, we're spending the day with my family. I'll probably go over to my mom's early to give her a hand with dinner. Aside from our plans with family, we have nothing too spectacular planned. I look forward to a little alone time with my husband and maybe taking in a movie or two. It seems like ages since we've seen a movie in a theatre.
Must get to work. Why is it that the day before a long weekend has to be so crazy busy?..
Until next time my pretties,
Colette

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home